Friends and Family Support
Support for friends and family is something that can be extremely lacking. Whenever people talk about mental health, the emphasis is placed on supporting the person going through the struggle but what about their friends, their family? If 1 in 4 people struggle with mental health issues, what about the 3 in 4 who know them?
On this page, you’ll find our top posts for friends and family, equipping you with information to better understand their mental health conditions, tips to better support them and encouragement for your daily struggles. You can also check out the Friends and Family category for our latest posts.
I Want to Know More About Mental Health
- Depression Facts – the basics about depression.
- Anxiety Facts – the basics about anxiety.
- Insomnia Facts – the basics about insomnia.
- Positivity – sometimes it isn’t as easy as looking on the bright side.
- Aspects of Choice – are we really making the choices we appear to be?
How Can I Support Them Better?
- The Talking Things Through series – Alex’s top tips for talking to someone about their mental health.
- The About Self-Harm series – a deeper look into self-harm and why some people do it.
- The Onus – We’re Here For You – sometimes if we’re going to be there, we have to be there.
- The Series – the series run by Pushing Back the Shadows.
Real Life Stories from Real Life People
- The Harrowing Void – a glimpse into one of Alex’s bad days and how depression affected him.
- The Interviews – a collection of stories and testimonies from people involved in mental health struggles.
I Need a Little Encouragement
- PBTS Podcast Episode 5 – Practise the Pause – take time for yourself to recharge. Be a little selfish. It’s important.
- You Have a Purpose – feel like you’re not doing much? Don’t worry: you have a purpose! You’re doing more than you think!
Why not subscribe?
Join the PBTS Community and receive our monthly newsletter as well as updates straight to your inbox! Enter your email address below: