Follow Alex’s Mental Health Struggle
About Alex Davies
Hi everyone, my name is Alex and I’m the main blogger and founder behind the Pushing Back the Shadows website. After struggling with mental health issues – namely depression, anxiety and insomnia – I decided the world needed to be made more aware of the issues surrounding mental health struggles. I started blogging my journey and offering encouragement and support to people going through their own mental health struggles while, at the same time, seeking to support their friends and families by offering information and explanations.
Below is a collection of some of the top posts in my journey, coupled with some of the important issues that I want to raise awareness about. You’ll also find out more about the work I do. Also check out the My Journey category and the blog for all my latest posts.
- The Beginning – see the beginnings of my journey through depression, anxiety and insomnia.
- Masks and Masquerades – I wear a mask, as do most with mental health issues. But why?
- Inside My Head the Series – check out what makes me tick, what’s inside that skull of mine. Alternatively, check out our other series!
- Listening to Music – music plays a huge part of my life. I wouldn’t be without it!
- Pills and Blades – two of the coping mechanisms that I turned to in my struggle, one good and one bad.
- Depression, Anxiety and Work – what it was like trying to be a professional with these conditions.
- Insomnia – My Sleepless Battle – sometimes I lie awake at night and just can’t sleep. Do you?
- The Harrowing Void – a glimpse into my mind on one of my darker days.
More to Come!
- Before the Morning – my inspiration behind starting to blog about my struggle.
- Books and eBooks – other works of writing based around my mental health struggles.
- Public Speaking – all the information you need to know if you would like me to come speak for you.
- Pushing Back the Shadows – about the PBTS website, the dream and how we got started.
A Call to Action
- The Onus – We’re Here For You – we need to stop putting the onus on the sufferer!
- Our Manifesto – why Pushing Back the Shadows exists, what we hope to achieve.
Why not subscribe?
Join the PBTS Community and receive our monthly newsletter as well as updates straight to your inbox! Enter your email address below: