Encouragement for the Darkest Days
If you’re like me, you frequently get discouraged. When life throws you a curveball, your depression catches it and turns that mountain into a molehill. You don’t think you’ll get over it or that you might as well give up. It’s a horrible feeling, isn’t it?
At Pushing Back the Shadows, we try to bring you encouragement for your darker days. Whether you’re struggling with depression, anxiety, insomnia or anything else or simply struggling as a friend or a family member, we try to give you that much-needed boost.
Below, I’ll highlight some of our best encouragement posts for you to check out. Also take a look at our Founder’s Favourites as well, for some of his favourite posts of all time!
The Ensemble of Encouragement
- Just Hold On – as dark as it seems, you will get through.
- You Have a Purpose
- A Little Inspiration – our Editor’s Pick from Cheryl, summing up how she found a purpose.
- Glowsticks – A Light In the Dark – glowsticks have to break before they can shine, maybe your darkness and brokenness will make you into something better.
- Finding Light in the Dark – Cheryl’s favourite post from 11/06/2017.
- Listening to Music – music is such a wonderful antidepressant! Check out how it affects Alex!
- Something to Hold Onto – just holding on can be hard if you don’t know what to hold onto.
- Relapse – why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up. Alex shares some tips for dealing with relapsing.
Why Not Check Out Our Podcast?
- Episode 1 – Episode 1 welcomes you to the Pushing Back the Shadows community, a good place to start if you’re new to the site.
- Episode 2 – in Episode 2, Alex looks at Talking Things Through, a podcast based on the series of the same name. It covers how to get those mental health conversations going so that you might be able to help your friends or loved ones better.
- Episode 3 – depression can affect friends and family relationships in so many ways. Check out Alex’s take on that problem.
- Episode 4 – how do you hold on? How do you keep going in those darkest days? Here are some of the things Alex holds onto during his darkest moments.
Why not subscribe?
Join the PBTS Community and receive our monthly newsletter as well as updates straight to your inbox! Enter your email address below: