It’s important to raise awareness for every aspect of mental health, not just depression and anxiety, so we are hosting an Eating Disorders Awareness Week! With great advocates such as Hope Virgo, Elle Rose and more, we’re ready to take Eating Disorder Awareness to a whole new level!
Here’s what’s coming your way:
- 4th June – Opening post from Hannah Brown.
- 5th June – “You are a worthless, fat girl!” by Hope Virgo.
- 6th June – “A Battle With Bulimia” by Elle Rose.
- 7th June – “Hate What I See In the Mirror” by Cheryl Henbrey
- 8th June – “A Frank Discussion” with Hope Virgo, Alex Davies and Cheryl Henbrey.
- 9th June – “What I’ve Learnt” by Alex Davies
- 10th June – “Looking Back” with Alex Davies and Cheryl Henbrey
Hope is an author, mental health campaigner and an ambassador for the Shaw Mind Foundation. Author of Stand Tall Little Girl, she suffered with anorexia for over 4 years before being admitted to hospital in 2007. Now in ongoing recovery, she uses her experience to raise awareness for mental health and eating disorders and to inspire people to get well and break the stigma that surrounds mental health. Why not check out some of her work?
YouTuber Elle Rose lives with bipolar disorder, PTSD and an on-again/off-again eating disorder. She vlogs about her life coping with mental illness and has featured some of our content before. When she’s not vlogging, she enjoys both reading and writing horror stories and hopes to publish a book someday. In addition to that, she’s an artist and a technician. For our Eating Disorder Awareness Week, she’s come onboard to bring us a video about eating disorders. You’ll want to stick around for this!